Friday, January 23, 2009

Handsy Question of the Day

Why are people who are 'handsome' attractive while people who are a 'handful' considered problematic? I guess a little hand is good (and by little, I mean some, not like a dwarf hand), but a maximum of hands is bad. I wonder what the max number of hands is to be considered 'ful.' Personally, I think anyone with more than two hands would freak me out, even if it's just an extra thumb. I guess for me, +2 hands = handful.

And so if 'handsome' is good and 'handful' is a problem, then what about 'handless'? This kind of person probably likes to play soccer and only soccer. It's also ironic that someone who's 'handless' can't use 'handles.'

Wouldn't it be weird if someone had a third hand but no third arm?

And why was Thing from the Addams Family called 'Thing' when clearly clearly that thing was a hand? Oddly enough, Thing was very handy around the house.



And yes, this entry is exactly the same as the one I wrote about the differences between awesome and awful.

No comments: