Friday, January 9, 2009

Caked Out Question of the Day

What does it mean to have my cake and eat it too? Honestly, is it even my cake if I'm not eating it with my mouth? What do I do with a cake that I'm not eating, stare at it? Try to absorb it's spirit with my mind? Dig into it looking for a nail file to help me break through these prison bars?

Does this phrase also imply that since eating my own cake is uncommon, I eat cakes that aren't mine? Why would I eat other people's cakes? Why does this phrase accuse me of being some sort of cake-thief? That's just absurd. Is "cake-thief" just a euphemism for calling me a lecherous fatass with hot-dog-like fingers? As if I went around the table and started eating everyone else's cake, without of course eating my own, 'cuz I only sniff mine so I can remember the scent and find it's counterparts to eat.

3 comments:

Megha said...

this is the first time i've read your blog. you're funny redondo. but now i have a headache - might be your fault. stay up!

Unknown said...

Well "Banks" from Mighty Ducks was not just an eater-of-other-cakes. He, in fact, was a general and all encompassing "cake-eater" (as were all of those who played for the Hawks). As far as lecherous eating habits, I encourage you to consult him...or Coach Bombay.

dana said...

i totally had a post about this back in the day...biter.