Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Eurotripping Part Dos!

Hola chicas y chicos! Greetings from Barceloners, the city that I have officially dubbed San Angelesfornia. If Paris is the New York of Europa just with grand ol´buildings and long phallic bread, then Barceloners is the amalgated west coast complete with crunchy hippies, skaters, sunshine (pronounced soon-she-neh), curious disdain for the spanish language, and wafer-thin women (I´m looking at you Olson twins\hermanas identicas).

So far I´ve learned that the architect Gaudi is probably the root source of the word gaudy because his buildings are the epitomy of that word. I never knew you could make a church that looks like melted marshmallow and a park out of mosaic-tiled reptilian statues.

Furthermore, keyboard layouts are deviously befuddling for American bloggers such as yours truly, El Cafe de Bugi. For one thing, the question mark is not where it should be. If I were to ask questions using the key where that interrogative punctuation should be, my preguntas would like this: Donde esta el bano_ Por que el ciel es azul_ Que el fuck____ Quien es tu padre___ See, messed up. My questions look more like Madlibs. Additionally, there are crazy things i dont understand like ççç¿¿ÑÑÇ¿ÑÇ¡¿

Finally, for a city that prides itself on late night fiesta-ing till 6 in the mornin, there´s a surprising lack of post-club businesses catering to the liquor-induced hunger pangs of many an adolescent partyer, un fiestero if you will. I could sell uncooked slices of spam served on a toothpick, and easily corner the market and amass a small fortune. I could also do the same selling used bathwater in large orange cups that are actually my used sweat socks. The thirst must be quenched in Barceloners!

Onward to the damn of Amsters!

No comments: