Monday, September 14, 2009

A Rose by Any Other Name? Chyeah Right!

I just saw the summer feel-good foodie movie Julie + Julia (damn blogger won't let me use an ampersand; even Vana White uses ampersands! Blogger, you are officially less classy than Wheel of Fortune). The title character Julie, by associating herself with the world renowned Julia (Child...no relation to perennial/alcoholic Knick point guard Chris Childs...shouldn't it be Chris Children?), is able to maintain a thriving blog where she had thousands of fans who left her dozens of comments per entry. (Ahem, ahem. Leave me comments. I know there are people out there reading this; they tell me so in the real world. But I don't care about the real world. That's why I blog. Tell me online by leaving a comment. The silence is killing me!) Her blog ultimately leads her down a path of success, celebrity, a bestseller, a feature film, a cocaine addiction, a failed marriage and burnt down house, a run-in with the law for soliciting prostitutes, and eventually an obligatory meteoric rise back to the top. I can only dream of such heights.

So to emulate Julie, and to catapult The Get Down upwards, I'm considering changing the title to associate myself with something or someone awesome. Here are my top choices so far:

Brown + Braun (as in the electric shaver)

Brown + Brawny (as in the paper towels)

Brown + Sienna (as in the popular crayon choice for people of color skin tones)

Brown + Brown v. Board (as in the ever popular Supreme Court case that ended school segregation, or something like that)

Brown + Brow (as in that hairy bush resting above your eye; whether high or low brow is up for debate, but considering I use the words "poop" and "testicle" consecutively in the About Me portion of this blog, I'm leaning towards high.)

Boogie + Booger (as in America's favorite nose candy)

Boogie + Boogia (this one will have to wait until someone named Boogia cures cancer)

Boogie + Bookie (as in the guy who takes your money for every Monday Night Football game)

Boogie + Boobie (as in the universally preferred vessel for milk)

Boogie Brown + Booger Brow (as in that sticky bush resting above your eye, constituted of the accumulation of wet snot...high or low?)

Please vote for the title you want to see! Until then, I will be training Meryl Streep to mimic my colloquial accent and the nasally way I say words like "comeuppance" and "bunghole."

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Boogie + Nights, drawing fans of both the movie and helpless nerds who falsely believe that your blog provides bedroom tips...if you can weasel monthly subscriptions out of them (me?) might be worthwhile

Unknown said...

NO DON'T CHANGE THE NAME!! the only reason i've not commented before is because it didn't work before. blame it on blogger! not on the boogie. i promise to spam from now on :D :/ }D :-p

Boogie Brown/The Brian said...

here's a bedroom tip: read my blog aloud to your lover. studies show that it will heighten the sensitivity. you're welcome!

Unknown said...

Since you do not have an email address listed on your site, I am formally requesting that the image of Julia child be removed from your post. This image is currently being hot-linked from our server and being used without permission.

If you would like to use the image, please contact sony/columbia pictures and obtain permission.

-N
Webmaster @ SavorSA.com

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers were all over 230 pounds on every site. But for all I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for that particular model. The prices as regards the boots were approximately 240 pounds everwhere. But completely I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were around 190 pounds on every site. But finally I found this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?